- Food. Please bring lunch, snacks and beverages for the student, particularly if the student is scheduled to stay for a six-hour testing session.
- Bring records. Bring recent school records including report cards, and 504Plan/IEPs if applicable, standardized testing results (e.g. SOL, State/County achievement testing, PSAT, ACT) and any previous evaluation (e.g., admission testing for independent school, neuropsychological, psychological, pychoeducational, speech and language etc.) . This examiner would prefer comprehensive file dating as far back as possible. All records will be returned. Students may also choose to scan and email these records before the appointment.
- Medication. It is recommended that the student consult with their physician regarding medication. Students treated for ADHD may or may not consider taking medication on the day of this evaluation.
- Caffeine and Nicotine. On the day of testing, the student is NOT to have any coffee or caffeinated beverages, or cigarette/nicotine either before arriving or during testing period.
- Payment. Parents and/or students should be prepared to pay for services before (payment should be made online on the website at the time of scheduling) arriving to the office on the first day of testing Otherwise, payment will be expected on the day of testing. Credit cards (Master Card, Visa), cashier’s checks and cash are accepted. Personal checks are not accepted.
- Meeting. If parents or guardians are bringing their child to the appointment, please expect to stay with the student for the first thirty to sixty minutes for intake and to complete additional rating scales.
- Second appointment. It is possible that the testing will require a second, additional day for testing. The reason for additional time may be as a result of the following (1) student did not finish due to slow pacing, (2) evaluator needs to know more, (3) student became tired and testing needed to be continued, (4) other. If so, Dr. Muir will inform student for the need to add an additional testing date at the end of the first session. This appointment will be made directly with Dr. Muir and not through the appointment scheduler online.
- Rating scales. Parent/Student will receive rating scales to be completed by student, parent and or teacher. An addressed envelope will be provided. Once completed, the forms should be mailed to Dr. Muir so that perspectives can be considered in the interpretation of findings.
- Questionnaire. Parents should plan to complete the online intake form before coming to the testing session. Otherwise parents will be reminded to do so at the initial meeting.
- Contract. Parents should plan to complete the online contract before coming to the testing session. Otherwise parents will be reminded to do so at the initial meeting.
- Privacy notice. Parents should complete the online privacy notice form before coming to the testing session. Otherwise parents will be reminded to do so at the initial meeting.
- Consent. Parents should complete the online consent form before coming to the testing session. Otherwise parents will be reminded to do so at the initial meeting.
Please feel free to call office with any questions or considerations 703-864-9794